PETALING JAYA, 24 February 2023 – Digi.com Berhad (“CelcomDigi”) today announced its fourth quarter and full year results for the Financial Year 2022 (FY2022), marking the first time the company combines its financial reporting since the completion of the merger.
The company registered across-the-board improvements in its Postpaid, Prepaid, Fibre, and Enterprise segments, driven by its high-speed internet products bundling, catering to the ever-growing internet demand from its customers. Monthly average data per user for Digi’s customers reached 24.5GB, up 18.4% YoY, while Celcom’s customers registered 28.0GB usage, up 15.0% YoY.
To support this demand, CelcomDigi prioritised part of its RM904 million CAPEX in FY2022 (including 1-month contribution from Celcom) to further improve its network quality and coverage. Both Digi’s and Celcom’s 4G LTE network coverage expanded to over 96% while LTE-A reached over 90% of populated areas nationwide.
CelcomDigi’s Chief Executive Officer, Datuk Idham Nawawi said, “CelcomDigi is well placed to serve the diverse needs of Malaysian consumers and businesses through our widest and highest capacity network. Looking ahead, we expect continued growth in data usage, primarily in 4G services, supported by initial adoption of 5G technology and increasing use of digital services and platforms.”
“Given the challenging macroeconomic outlook, we will draw on our combined strength to position ourselves for the future, with an immediate focus on strengthening core and new revenue growth areas, while delivering quality internet experience to customers,” he added.
“We remain committed in supporting the Communications and Digital Ministry’s strategic plans towards ‘a digital golden decade’, which centres around communications infrastructure, cyber security, and the digital economy. We are in a strong position through our combined scale and unique competencies to deliver on our ambition,” he shared.
In the quarter under review, CelcomDigi sustained its underlying service revenue growth momentum, recording an increase of 37.2% YoY and 37.5% QoQ to RM1,813 million, driven by strong contribution from Postpaid, Enterprise and Fibre businesses.
EBITDA excluding non-recurring items for CelcomDigi was RM971 million, with the margin at 44.5%, on the back of positive top line development, prudent spending, and disciplined credit management.
Operational Highlights for Q4 2022
• Total subscriber base expanded to 20.3 million, comprised 66.8% Prepaid subscribers, 32.9% Postpaid subscribers and a small, fast growing Fibre base at 0.3%
• Combining both operations’ Postpaid subscribers, there was a net addition of 150K YoY to a total of 6.67 million, whereas Prepaid’s subscriber base grew 162K YoY to 13.54 million
• Blended ARPU for Digi and Celcom remained stable at RM40 and RM46 respectively, driven by steady demand for all mobile product offerings, some highlights in the quarter were:
o Digi’s Juara Internet 2023, with 5G access and devices, as well as monthly sales and Hari Gaji Specials
o Celcom’s enhanced suite of Postpaid plans (MEGATM and Xpax PostpaidTM), including free 5G access and devices
• Enabled cross-transactions, allowing Celcom and Digi’s customers to perform selected services at over 500 Digi and Celcom brand stores nationwide
Highlights of Responsible Business initiatives
· CelcomDigi channelled flood aid supplies to affected communities
· CelcomDigi partnered with CyberSecurity Malaysia, Malaysian Crime Prevention Foundation (MCPF) and various government and enforcement agencies, as well as NGOs to launch a national awareness campaign, Program Jelajah Anti-Scam Kebangsaan 2023
FY2023 outlook and guidance
CelcomDigi enters 2023 with good growth momentum, with its FY2023 guidance as follows:
The company will be seeking shareholders’ approval for the proposal to change its name to CelcomDigi Bhd at its Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) later today. If approved, a formal filing on the outcome of the EGM will be made to Bursa Malaysia this evening, and the necessary registration for the name change will be concluded in due course.
More on CelcomDigi’s Q4 2022 performance is available here.
 CelcomDigi’s service revenue is inclusive of1-month contribution of RM491 million from Celcom, wholesale, roaming and interconnects, amongst others.